Updated: Aug 16, 2020
By Danny Neary
Schools like Harvard are planning to shift to online courses in the fall while maintaining the same price of tuition. Here are some tips you need to know before enrolling in online courses next semester.
1. Online courses can be beneficial because they mean you will be able to work at your own pace/cheat more easily.
2. If you haven't decided on a major, you can take electives online. If you're sure the major you choose won't be medicine, then take your time. We don't really need anything else right now.
3. When in a Zoom class, be sure to mute your mic, go to the other room, and take a nap.
4. When applying for student loans for an online university, it's important to remember you shouldn't do this.
5. If you're going to miss living on campus and are worried about graduating with a massive amount of debt in an awful job market, please consider not enrolling.
6. College in America is still very expensive, despite its value being often overstated and it being entirely online now. Unfortunately, you can't go to a different country because they won't take Americans and we live in hell.
7. Be sure to still have some fun! (But not by going outside, things are still very bad, please don't get us sick.)