LIT's Stand-Up 101
Time & Location
About The Event
Have you always wanted to try stand-up comedy, but you didn't know where to start? Learn the basics of stand-up comedy with LIT!
In this course, you will:
- Learn what it takes to write a joke
- Prepare up to a 5-minute open mic set
- Receive feedback on your material before you head to an open mic
- Attend a free LIT show to observe other performers
- Perform in a student showcase
The class will enable participants to develop an open mic-ready set of jokes by walking through the process of conceiving thoughtful premises and developing laugh worthy jokes. Students will hone their material in a supportive environment that introduces them to the process of joke development. Students are encouraged to perform in LIT's student showcase at the conclusion of the course.
NO PREREQUISITES. Students may miss one class throughout the course and should attend the observation show as well as the performance.